Please register, or login.

Thanks, Tech Art.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Tech Art
Welcome To Tech Art!
Please register, or login.

Thanks, Tech Art.
Tech Art
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Long time no talk!
My Work EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 8:38 pm by Kelso

» stay or leave?!!?!?
My Work EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:42 pm by I MOD I

» Music Suggestion (again)
My Work EmptySun May 10, 2009 11:41 pm by I MOD I

» Cript
My Work EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 5:37 pm by I MOD I

» Thorax
My Work EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 5:35 pm by I MOD I

» dofus
My Work EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 5:34 pm by I MOD I

» hello
My Work EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 5:33 pm by I MOD I

» W00t me again
My Work EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 5:30 pm by I MOD I

» Spamm!
My Work EmptySun Apr 26, 2009 5:29 pm by I MOD I

My Work

5 posters

Go down

My Work Empty My Work

Post by Gir. Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:20 pm

My Work CoolerThenAPairofKicksNo

My Work PBleach

My Work PHalo

My Work Capfalcon2GIR

My Work Untitled-1-4

My Work Killzone-1

Fight Collection [All Same Theme Razz]

My Work KHDonaldFightCollection

My Work KHSoraFightCollection

My Work Goofy-1

~

My Work NLuigiFightCollection

My Work NMarioFightCollection

My Work NPeachFightCollection

~

My Work PPikachuFightCollection

My Work PMewtwoFightCollection

My Work PCharmanderFightCollection

~

My Work NSasukeFightCollection

My Work NNarutoFightCollection

My Work NGaaraFightCollection

Others

My Work Swim

My Work Untitled-1

My Work Blackout

My Work Untitled-3

My Work Untitled-1-7
Gir.
Gir.
Tech Art Owner
Tech Art Owner

Male
Number of posts : 77
Ownage Level : 99
Registration date : 2009-02-23

Back to top Go down

My Work Empty Re: My Work

Post by I MOD I Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:27 pm

the 3 kingdom hearts ones are really good! the rest own too! good work.
I MOD I
I MOD I

Male
Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Gir. Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:37 pm

The 3 Kingdom Hearts one and the halo sig are the ones I work hardest on ;D.
Gir.
Gir.
Tech Art Owner
Tech Art Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by I MOD I Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:36 pm

cool!! i love kingdom hearts!! dunno about halo =p never played it
I MOD I
I MOD I

Male
Number of posts : 63

Back to top Go down

Post by Gir. Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:07 am

Halo is fun. Anyone else wanna review it :l.
Gir.
Gir.
Tech Art Owner
Tech Art Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:06 am

A lot of your tags (especially that whole Pokemon/SSB/KH clump in the middle) are repetitive. If I was scanning through quickly, I might have thought you were reusing backgrounds and just changing the renders.

Your best are Swim, Falling Apart, and Abstract. All three have the basics of depth, which is all too important and all too neglected in digital art (especially sig making/tagging).

Swim is by far your best. It has a decent flow and amount of depth, but the render needs better blending and the tag in general needs more color. What you have is a monochrome color scheme, meaning you have only one color (black and white and every gray in between is a shade, not a color), and that takes away from the aesthetic value of the tag.

Falling Apart has decent pentooling, but I'd honestly recommend altering the lines so they become thinner toward the ends (especially the thicker ones). And beware of scanlines; they can add a nice effect, but can really screw up your flow. In this case, I would flip the scanlines so they go diagonal up to the right. As another warning, oversaturation; basically, your colors are too saturated, too full. That distracts the viewer from the rest of the tag, and in excess is extremely detrimental to the aesthetic qualities of the tag.

In general, work on three things.

FLOW
Your tags need a sense of movement; making the eye follow a path through the tag gives it a more dynamic appeal, and can really help to bring out the best in your art. Things good for flow: directionality of lines/brushes; c4d; depth (which can bring out certain effects/brushes which follow a line); lighting (which, like depth, can emphasize parts of the tag that incite a sense of movement). Things bad for flow: undesigned chaos (yes, there is a designed chaos); flatness; repetition of effects/brushes; contrasting directionalities; centered focals.

FOCAL
Your focal - the point that the eye tends to rest on in the tag - is the MOST IMPORTANT PART OF YOUR WORK. A good focal, in a bad tag, can actually make it look better; on the contrary, however, a bad focal can make even the best tags look bad. Your viewer needs to be able to identify the focal. This is achieved in multiple ways:
1. Lighting.
Lighting, when placed strategically, will bring out a focal; this idea is like a neon sign on a strip mall, it brings the eye to it before the non-lit signs.
2. Colors.
Using colors that are slightly brighter or more distinct will bring out the focal more. In terms of the color wheel, red is the most visible, yellow second, and blue least. Try to incorporate some of this idea into your tags.
3. Depth.
Depth gives the viewer an illusion of a Z-axis, the one that makes an object three-dimensional. Doing this correctly gives the viewer a foreground, which holds the focal, and other back- and supergrounds, that are in front of or behind the focal.

AESTHETICS
Aesthetics is a huge term, with many constituents, but three of the most important are Placement, Blending, and Order.
1. Placement.
Text and renders and c4d and effects can all look great, but if they're placed oddly, the viewer will be turned off. If you saw a picture of a flower with its stem growing from its golden-yellow center, you'd think it was odd; the same idea applies here. In each unique piece of art, everything has its own place. So don't always put text in a certain corner, or only along the edges; sometimes, that might look downright horrendous.
2. Blending.
This is one of the most oft confused phrases in the sig-making world. Many take it to mean lowering the opacity of a render to make the background visible through it, but that might actually be the worst possible way to blend. Smudging, simple layering, and other techniques are much more proficient, and can lead to exponentially better results. And blending refers to colors, as well. Vibrant orange and vibrant green don't necessarily go well together, but adding complementary colors like blue, purple, and yellow can make the colors mesh better.
3. Order.
Order vs. Chaos is a huge problem. On the one side, with a good order one can create flow, depth, lighting, and all the other aspects of a tag that are important; but the tag could be incredibly boring. On the other hand, a messy tag could be entirely devoid of anything artistically decent. One must find their own balance of order and chaos; this can only come through practice and experimentation, but I can offer a few things to try:
-Try to create a guideline, which may sometimes very well just be a line, and create the chaos to follow a flow along the line.
-Pick a directionality of flow for the tag, and have all of the mess, no matter where it appears, follow that direction.
-Create either an orderly tag or a messy tag, and in your postwork, try to incorporate some of the other. I would suggest starting orderly and working toward mess.

...lol, I was bored. xD
Wind
Wind

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by X Control X Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:01 am

damn that's a long post, i love seeing your collection gir, whenever i look at them all it just shows me how good you really are, even if one if bad.

X Control X
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 140
Ownage Level : QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Gir. Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:18 am

Thanks Wind i'm gunna follow all you said. My eyes hurt so when they get better im gonna read the rest.
Gir.
Gir.
Tech Art Owner
Tech Art Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Wind Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:18 am

lol, sure. xD
Wind
Wind

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Gir. Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:24 am

No really. Btw the sigs with ALMOST the same BG is called Fight Collection is like 'suppose' to have the same theme. But I know where you gettin at.
Gir.
Gir.
Tech Art Owner
Tech Art Owner

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by X Control X Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:20 am

i really like that killzone one, it's done really well, and also i like killzone :p

X Control X
Sectional Moderator
Sectional Moderator

Male
Number of posts : 140
Ownage Level : QQ

Back to top Go down

Post by Josh Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:50 pm

Pokemon Fan? +1. I like the flake effect but you used in in just about every sig. Which took out most of the ownageness.

Josh
Jr.Moderator
Jr.Moderator

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down